I had test driven the Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi petrol variant last month and written a detailed review of this awesome vehicle at Mouthshut. As usual, I am just posting the excerpts from that review here.
The Ikon legacy continues
Ford Ikon was a super-successful model in India. To be frank, I haven’t enjoyed driving any other vehicle in India as much as an Ikon (Read about my Ford Ikon experience. The trademark of an Ikon – despite its incompleteness in many build aspects – was its exceptional drivability. It’s a true drivers car and so is the Ford Fiesta!
The car I chose to test drive as the SXi variant though the sporty S variant was available for test drive as well. Basically, I wanted to feel the family sedan experience as against the sports variant as I presumed that the S variant with low-profile tires will offer bumpy ride.
The following are the highlights of my test drive (more in my detailed review as per the link below)
Major plus points
- Great to drive car – excellent handling
- Low turning radius
- Good features at this price – electric ORVMs, 2-din music system, semi-leather seating, ABS, Airbags
- Good gear ratios (along with low turning radius makes great city driving)
- Reasonable mileage and good power for the price
- A bit outdated looks
- Poor plastic quality at places
- Uncomfortable, straight backseats
- No alloy wheels
- Poor tire dimensions
Overall, it’s an exceptional car for the price at which it comes (with all those current discounts) and my rating is 4/5.
For the complete review, please read Ford Fiesta review.